26 Great Ideas For Social Media Posts That You Can Steal
Earlier today we launched Ideas.
With Ideas you can store all your great ideas, tweak them until they’re ready, and drop them straight into your Buffer queue.
Already hundreds of you have started saving dozens Ideas! But, there’s been one resounding bit of feedback we’ve had…
Can you help me come up with ideas?
Yes, we can. So, here are 26 ideas you can steal to grow your following 👇
- Ask one of your teammates to do an AMA about their job 🙋♀️
2. Run a giveaway or competition for your social media audience 🏆
3. Attach a GIF to your posts 💃
4. Re-share your teammate’s content ♻️
5. Interview influencers in your industry who have a big following 👀
6. Transform a blog post into a video optimized for social 🎥
7. Share a TikTok showing a day in the life of one of your employees 📆
8. Partner with another brand on a piece of content 👫
9. Share a quote from your latest blog post in an Instagram Reel 🎥
10. Poll your audience on LinkedIn 🗳
11. Walk through a list-based blog post in an Instagram Carousel 🎠
12. Pull a quote from your blog post and share to Pinterest 📍
13. Do a social swap and have an influencer take over your social account for a day 🔄
14. Ask a question to your audience ❓
15. Pull some interesting stats from your latest blog post 📊
16. Share your tool stack 🛠
17. Show behind-the-scenes at your company 🎬
18. Re-share popular posts from one channel to another ♻️
19. Add emojis or symbols to catch the eye 👀
20. Run a weekly series (perhaps on the best tips for your product) 💡
21. Re-share user generated content 🔗
22. Record a tutorial—do a step-by-step video or stop motion video showing how to use your product or learn something new 🍿
23. Spotlight a community member by introducing them to your audience through a mini interview 🔦
24. Answer common FAQs through an AMA 🗣
25. Share a trending industry-related tip 💡
26. And if all else fails, share a video of your dog 🐶
What did we miss?
Hopefully these ideas help you fill your content calendar with new posts, and perhaps they’ve sparked completely new ideas.
But we know we haven’t covered everything. So, apart from these ideas, how else do you share your content on social media?
Reach out to us on Twitter to let us know.
Want to save these ideas in Buffer for free? Head here →